Kitchen chimneys are no more just a matter of style and comfort. They have become a necessity given to the prevalent flat apartment culture in modern times. Moreover, we have all moved from the old style of chimneys that allowed excessive smoke to go out from their openings to more smart chimneys these days. The chimneys are smarter and they absorb and evacuate the kitchen in such a way that the neighbors do not get affected. Now you can prepare sumptuous dishes without having to worry about the smoke laying and extreme aroma of spices being spread inside your home.
While you must already on a lookout on buying the best chimney in India, we want to enhance your knowledge in this perspective. We want to present to you a few things that you must consider before buying chimney for your home.
- Size of your kitchen: You may need to consider your kitchen area as a primary concern before going ahead to buy chimney. It can be similar to how we look at the size of our room before buying the room AC. Chimneys are meant to absorb smoke so that it can make your kitchen area clean and breathable. So knowing the size of your kitchen you will be able to decide the size of your chimney.
- Type of chimney: There are four different types of chimneys available for your kitchen. It has to be totally your priority on what TYPE of chimney you may want to buy amongst these.
• Wall-mounted chimney: This is easy to understand as the name says such chimneys are mounted at the wall of the kitchen usually above the cook-top to make the outlet of smoke easier and faster. The hob is also located adjacent to the wall itself.
• Island Chimney: in such chimney types the hob is located at the center point of the kitchen. The kitchen chimney is made to hang on to the ceiling rook just above the gas cook-top.
• Built-in Chimney: The built-in chimneys are more like the ones integrated with the interiors of the kitchen itself.
• Corner Chimney: As the name goes, such chimneys are fitted in the corner of the kitchen in a way that the cooking top and the hob are located just at the corner of the wall.
- Type of filter: The type of filter integrated with chimneys is important because they have to be used at every stage to handle the air. It is majorly classified into 3 categories: cassette filter (made up of aluminum mash), baffle filter (made up in multiple curve structure to allow air to pass), carbon filter (made up with black charcoal, also known as a charcoal filter).
- Size of chimney: after having knowledge of the type of chimneys, it is important to purchase the size of chimney just exactly equal or greater than the size of your stove or the size of the hob.
- Auto clean chimney: Auto clean chimneys are known to be good oil absorbers. These can be easy to manage and clean. Else you can opt for normal chimneys as well.
- Price: It goes without saying that you need to buy chimneys suitable to your budget but make sure you do a comparative analysis of the available models and buy only the best-priced model with desired utility features.
- Appearance: Since everything in your house adds to the feeling of home décor, make sure that the look and design of the chimney that you buy are in sync with your kitchen décor as well. There are various contemporary designs available these days.
Here are listed a few of our choicest collections of chimney models that we want to share with our readers. You can easily make your buying decision based on our research.
1. Elica 60 cm 1200 m3/hr Auto Clean Chimney with Free Installation Kit
Elica is one of the most loved chimney models in India. It has an outstanding design and it plays a pivotal role in enhancing the ambiance and appearance of your kitchen. It blends smoothly into the modern kitchen decors that you will not even realize while it stays put and performs its task with ease.
There is a touch panel implanted on the chimney that makes it likable and easy to use. The best part about Elica Auto Clean Chimney is that you do not have to get involved with its maintenance every now and then. With least upkeep requirements and numerous benefits, this chimney from the house Elica is a must-buy for the kitchen.
- The matt black finish enhances the appearance and utility
- The air outlet is considerably wider too (diameter 150 mm).
- Baffle filter type (which are most preferred filter types)
- Wall-mounted chimney
- Allows maximum suction for airflow: 1100
- There are push buttons for 3-speed controls
- The inbuilt LED lights make it easy to take a look at the interiors if anytime needed
- Creates very low noise
- Easy to operate and maintain
- This model comes with a 1-year service warranty and 5 years motor warranty
- Absence of gas sensor and remote control for operation
- You need to pay separate installation charges other than the cost of the model
Why will you like this?
People generally fall in love with the elegant and curved glass-like appearance of Elica Auto Chimney. It enhances the appearance of your kitchen especially during parties and gets together you can even use this as a part of your home décor lighting. The LED lamps not only illuminate the chimney with low power but also help in maintaining hygienic cooking standards. The baffle filter ensures the high efficiency of the model which is needed from any chimney.
2. Hindware 60cm 1200 m3/hr Chimney
Hindware has varied collections amongst chimney models. This particular model itself has every feature that you may look for in your chimney. Hindware Chimney Nevio 60 is a thermal innovation that is needed for a hassle-free kitchen. The metal blowers have empowered the chimney to allow maximum suction so that smoke gets out and the air gets managed easily. You can make anything to everything in the kitchen without having to bother about the smoke and ambiance.
This kitchen chimney with a diameter of 60 cm is just the right thing you need with gas stoves having 3 or more burners. It consists of baffle filter types that are known to perform their functions well and can even absorb the oil pollutants in the air due to cooking. The filters are easy to clean and maintain too as one may need to clean them only twice a year.
- The chimney has a high suction power to vouch for its high-efficiency grade
- The low maintenance feature of filter is crucial as you may not have to call a mechanic every now and then.
- If you are looking for a small size kitchen and smaller cooking environment, this is the best one for you.
- Although the chimney filters do not require any major maintenance, the PVC pipes may require frequent changing.
Why will you like this?
This chimney works with very low noise i.e. 58dB which is a very favorable factor when it comes to chimneys’ operational factors. Secondly, the product comes with a warranty of 1 year and there is a 5 year warranty on the motor. Its touch panel is really easy to operate and illumination can also be controlled to the desired extent by LED lights. So it is a good package that you are going to mostly love only!
3. Eurodomo 60cm 1200 m3/hr Auto-Clean Chimney
For the Indian style of kitchens, Eurodomo has brought a very specific range of designs of chimneys. Their chimneys are known to have good suction power, for example, this particular model itself has a suction power of 1200 m3/hr. You will find a high definition cure for the smoke and unwanted odor flowing in the kitchen all the time. There are styles of ‘takes’ in Indian kitchen that needs to be followed by an air cleansing session which is performed very well by Eurodomo Auto Clean Chimney.
You will be able to operate it easily with the help of its touch control panels. Moreover, the baffle filter which is implanted within the chimney is highly effective. There are advanced features in this chimney such as auto head cleaner technology. This technology allows the oil particles along with the pollutants to get separately accumulated in an oil collector. You can easily remove this oil collector to clean it time and often.
The design is elegant and dimensions are just as needed for our daily kitchen purposes.
- High suction capacity with 1200m3/hr.
- Advanced technique of auto head cleaning with an oil collector which is easily removable and washable.
- No noise while operating it.
- Beautiful model for daily use.
- LED lights provide a nice illuminating effect.
- Low maintenance design and functionality.
- Installation charges are high
Why will you like this?
This is a low maintenance chimney model with high-quality baffle filters being put into its functionality. You can clean them with ease at intervals as desired or specified at the time of installation. Chimney gives an overall decorating effect to the kitchen and increases the face value of your kitchen décor. The auto head cleaner technology is an added feature to make sure your kitchen and a significant area of your homestay pollution-free.
4. Faber 90cm 1200 m3/hr Heat Auto Clean Chimney
Faber brand comes with an international class of chimneys in India. With exquisite designs and high-end models of chimneys, Faber has earned a reputation of quality and stylish brand. In this particular model of chimney along with the brand backing of Faber, there are exceptional features such as powerful suction function of 1200 m3/hr.
The auto head cleaner technology is more advanced as you can clean the chimney by just touching one button now. The oil collector that allows pollutants and oil residue to settle in it is detachable and can be cleaned as per the need.
The highlighting aspect of Fabre chimney is the filterless functionality. It significantly reduces the cost of maintenance of chimney. Along with it, the model is known to function at zero noise level. You can easily operate the chimney with touch control buttons.
- Auto head cleaning technology allows better and timely cleaning of the chimney
- Filterless functionality makes it almost zero maintenance model
- The motor is so powerful that it can allow maximum air suction to take place within no time
- The chimney operates at zero noise levels
- As we mentioned that Faber comes with an international class of designs, the cost is on the higher side.
Why will you like this?
Faber has come up with a really strong suction capacity chimney model. Especially for those people who have a bigger kitchen comparatively will find this chimney really effective. You can feel free to work on all sorts of cooking experiments. Against the noisy exhaust fans and low-level chimneys, this model provides you a lifestyle upgrade if you are planning to do a makeover of your house or moving into a new space.
5. Bosch 90cm 800m3/hr Chimney – DWB098D501
Bosch is a well-known brand and their chimneys are considered to be competitively best in their categories. This chimney model from the house of Bosch is manufactured on the lines of German Technology. Its dimensions can fit any medium-sized kitchen with ease and you will find it ideal for your home’s settings and decors. Suction capacity of this chimney is fairly good approximating to 800m3/hr. For usual functioning of kitchen work in daily life, you can rely on this chimney and its operational tendencies.
It is integrated with baffle filters which are quite easy to clean and maintain. For those who are not comfortable with LED touch screen panels, this chimney provides easy operative abilities through push buttons.
- Strong motor and good suction capacity
- Very low noise levels
- High-quality baffle filters
- LED lights to illuminate areas below the chimney
- Good performance and energy-efficient chimney model
- Some people argue that this chimney can be made available at a lower cost too.
Why will you like this?
When you will do kitchen chimney brands comparison you will find models with higher suction pumps or maybe better stylish designs or technologies as compared to this brand. BUT this particular product has stood out the test of time and performance with the customers and has been satisfying a large number of households because of its easy functions and energy-efficient yet powerful working capacity.
6. Faber 60 Cm 1295m3/Hr Hood Wall Mounted Chimney
Faber again comes into our list with another impactful model of chimneys. The products of Faber are globally acclaimed and appreciated. In this chimney, you will realize the product stands by the value of its brand and that is why it has been recommended by various users across India too.
The diameter of 60 cm makes quite suitable for any Indian kitchen in a regular household. People who use a cooktop of 2-3 burners will find it effective and very suitable for their air maintenance purpose. This chimney is mostly designed for heavy kitchen frying and cooking work such as grill. The product comes with maximum warranty you may find anywhere else. There is a 1 year warranty on the product and 12 years warranty on to the motor.
- The suction power of this chimney is quite high and thus efficiency is better
- The design is wall mounted thus the smoke that already has a tendency to rise up will be easily captured
- It suits the heavy frying and grilling works.
- The auto-clean feature of the chimney is an added advantage
- 12 years warranty on motor and 1-year warranty on the product
- High cost
Why will you like this?
When you know that the warranty for the motor of your appliance is covered for 12 years, you will probably go for the product there itself. 12 years is a significant time to rest assured of the quality of a chimney! At the same time when we are talking about chimney by Faber brand, there is no reason to not buy this model. The soaring suction power, classy look, and great performance become the USP of this chimney model.
7. Sunflame Innova 90 Cm Auto Clean Hood Wall Mounted Chimney
The sunflame brand has come up with a wide range of home appliances. Considering chimneys this particular model has established its feet in this market and is appreciated by users consistently. 90 cm sized diameter of the chimney makes it suitable for a large gas burner stoves or can be said for bigger sized kitchen areas.
The powerful suction of 1100 m3/hr ensures that air stays fresh inside and the smoke and smell particles keep finding the right outlets for the exit. You can hold parties and barbeques with convenience while maintaining the ambiance as desired.
Baffle filters add to the worth of this chimney as they are effective and easier to clean. The auto-clean attribute helps in reducing the efforts towards its cleaning.
- The effectual suction power of 1100 m3/hr
- Suitable for larger kitchens and bigger gas stove burners
- Functions at very low noise levels such as 63dB
- Auto clean aspect makes it easier to clean
- The higher cost of installation
Why will you like this?
If you have a big size family or if, you are fond of hosting people and parties quite often, you need to maintain an ambiance for that. This chimney model is perfectly suitable for such requirements. The chimney is something we do not want to think of changing until years after installing it once. Thus, this particular brand is going to be there for a long time in your kitchen and going to serve you for more than a decade with fresh air and breathable kitchen ambiance.
There are things that you need to keep in mind before buying chimney. The type of chimney, type of filter, size of chimney and size of your kitchen are the most important and basic factors that you need to consider. When you will go on further research on kitchen chimney brands comparison, you will be able to judge the best chimney for your home on various factors such as décor wise suitable, low noise levels, etc. One should make the buying decision with the help of our information that has been quantified after thorough research and handpicked models are put forward here to help people in easing their choicest model of the chimney.
Frequently asked questions:
Question: What is filter-less technology in a kitchen chimney?
Answer: filter-less technology is referred to the auto clean technology as well. The blockage in the form of filter has been removed and the oil collector is installed in the chimneys. The oil collector is responsible for collecting all sorts of dust and oil particles and thus cleanses the air effectively. This oil collector can be easily removed as well for cleaning purposes as and when desired.
Question: How can I choose the size of the chimney?
Answer: Most of the chimneys are available in set standard sizes of 60 cm and 90 cm diameters. On the basis of the size of the stove as well as the size of your kitchen, you can choose the size of chimney. For example if your kitchen is medium-sized or smaller and you use 2-3 burner gas stove, you can simply go for 60 cm chimney size. But if your kitchen area is big and you use 3-4 burner gas stove along with a grill, it is better to go for 90 cm chimney with better suction capacity.
Question: What is the ideal suction power of the chimney?
Answer: Ideally, the suction power is known as the capacity of chimney motor to grab up the dust, smoke and oil particles from the air with the purpose of cleaning it. Ideally a suction power of 500 m3/hour for small-sized kitchen to 1200m3/hr to the large-sized kitchen in Indian households is good enough.
Question: How can we clean the chimney?
Answer: You can use various agents such as baking soda, citrus juice such as vinegar or lemon extract, the cleaning powders, etc to clean chimney very easily. If your chimney has filters, just take them out and put into a tub of water along with these cleaning agents. Use mild warm water for easier cleaning since oil particles leave the surface of filter in warm water. Scrub and clean. If you are having filter less chimney then too just remove the oil collector and follow the same process as above.
Question: Which is the best chimney filter?
Answer: There are mainly 3 types of chimney filters:
Mesh filters: Built-up with various layers of aluminum mesh to catch grease and oil particles.
Baffle filters: These are built up with multiple curved panels of stainless steel for catching in the grease and oil particles
Charcoal filters: These are built up with charcoal slates having holes inside them to absorb the dust and oil particles.
Amongst these baffle filters are the most effective in Indian kitchen chimneys.