The globalization and online shopping have made us all experimentative in our clothing choices too. Most of us own a large number of clothes to make a good impression on our peers, friends and social media acquaintances as well. This generation believes in investing in good clothes and thus it becomes important to maintain them with precision and care. Although it can be a tedious task to maintain clothes in good shape if we invest in our gadgets or appliances accordingly then it can be much easier to take maintain their newness for a longer period of time.
Garment steamers help in reprieving the hassle of ironing in a traditional way that used to take a lot of time and effort. If you have been looking for the best garment steamer in India, this is the right platform to guide you. Here you will not only find the listing of best garment steamers but also a lot of information pertaining to ‘how to choose the best garment steamer’ and what is the basic difference in between garment steamer and steam iron! Read on to acquire much-needed information about these latest products:
1. Inalsa Garment Steamer Handy Steam-600W with Detachable Fabric Brush & 120ml Capacity
Inalsa has earned a reputation as one of the leading appliance sellers in India. This garment steamer from the house of Inalsa is well known for its unblemished performance and efficiency. There is an auxiliary brush that seamlessly fits into the head of the steamer. It plays an important role in taking out the link and removing the tags away from the garments before actually steaming them to perfection.
- Gives wrinkle-free clothes by consuming the power of 600 W only
- Steam release is powerful and continues at a pace of 15g/min
- Comes with a long handy cord of 190 cms
- Takes less than 1 minute in heating up
- The fabric brush is detachable and can be cleaned as needed
- Ergonomic design built with impactful safety features
- The wrinkles get removed easily in hanging fabrics
- Saves time and efforts
- There is 2 years warranty on the product
- Its water tank is quite small, needs to be refilled from time to time
Why will you like this?
This is a lightweight steamer with a big nozzle head that releases a sufficient amount of steam in one go to make your clothes crisp and ready to be worn anytime. The automatic shut off feature helps in saving on electricity when you are busy in arranging the clothes in the cupboard or maybe switching them. This steamer not only makes your garments wrinkle-free but also destroys germs and infection producing bacteria off the clothes with a hot steam wave.
2. Philips EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer GC523/60- 5 steam settings 1600 Watt, up to 32 g/min
Philips has lead Indian markets with exceptional home appliances for years. This is another product that makes their way into being one of the best in the sector. This is an efficient steamer that brings along safety gloves, support mat and a stand that can be adjusted as per the requirement. You can change the settings of steamer according to your fabric using its ‘setting option’ which is a great advantage especially when you have a variety of clothes in your closet.
- It has highly efficient settings with a power consumption of 1600 W
- The steam output is 32gm/min
- Kills bacteria and germs up to 99.99%
- There are 5 different steam settings for unique cloth/fabric types
- Higher power thrusts better coverage area and takes lesser time in readying your garments for wearing Large water tank capacity- 1.6L
- Advantage accessories: modifiable pole, hanger for garments, fabric brush, safety gloves, support mat and pleat maker for perfection
- It is not portable
Why will you like this?
With 5 modes that allow you to change the temperature frequently as you need and the adjustable stand that makes your job easier, there is no reason to not pick up this garment steamer for home use. The exceptional power usage makes the job efficient and neat. A large capacity of a water tank ensures that you do not have to refill it from time to time.
3. Usha Techne Direct 1000-Watt Garment Steamer (Purple/White)
Usha is one of the most trustworthy Indian elite brands for appliances. Their services, products, and service centers have been up to the mark since inception. This is the reason that Usha products do not require any publicity or widespread marketing campaigns. This garment steamer by Usha is ideal for home usage and perfectly removes the creases from your expensive garments in almost no time. its 360-degree swivel cord reaches every corner of your clothes and makes them look perfect and tidy.
- It works on the power of 1000 W
- The steam output is 21 g/min
- The water tank has a decent capacity of 200 ml
- The 360-degree swivel cord makes it extremely flexible and convenient to be held
- The automatic shut off feature enhances the safety outlook of the product
- The removable brush head is easy to clean and use
- Its a portable, travel-friendly and lightweight device
- It comes in a reasonable price range
- There is a warranty of 2 years on the product
- The water droplets start ejecting when the tank gets filled up to the brim
Why will you like this?
The steamer removes wrinkles with its vertical angles and keeps your garments in great shape. It has safety features to ensure that the user doesn't get hurt or the fabric doesn't get damaged during the entire process. the 360-degree swivel cord helps in reaching far ends of the clothes to perform the job with better efficiency.
4. Philips Handheld Garment Steamer GC360/30 - Vertical & Horizontal Steaming, 1200 Watt, up to 22g/min
This is another steamer in the list and one of the choicest picks as per its performance and output delivery. The water tank of this steamer contains sufficient capacity to steam around 4-5 clothes with one filling. This model is built up with user-friendly ethics and you will find itself a guide for setting up the timer and temperature settings. It has dials to make sure you get the right amount of heat and steam for your clothes. The auto shut off timer is quite effective and can be heard with a loud indicative alarm after 10 minutes- which is inbuilt.
- The power consumed is: 1200 W
- Steam output: 22g/min
- Light and sound indicators for the auto timer
- A lightweight model with a compact design
- Package includes safety gloves for advanced protection
- A long cord- 2.5 m which can take you to places in your closet
- The water tank is detachable that you can easily take aside to refill- 70 ml capacity
- The product comes under a warranty of 2 years by the manufacturer
- The capacity of the water tank is less
Why will you like this?
This steamer is recommended for every household. You will not only experience a new way to remove the creases off your clothes, but it will also be handy in situations when you want to speed up the process of ironing, laying it on the board and turning every fold to iron! You just need to hang your clothes in a hanger and let the steamer do its job. Its powerful steam thrust is effective in removing all types of wrinkles from different fabrics.
5. Sokany 1200W Handheld Garment Steamer, Portable Home and Travel Steamers for Clothes with 260ml Removable Water Tank
With a strong power core, so any garment steamer has managed to impress users and critics to a great extent. It uses 1200 W power to make your job easier and precise. The tank has a large capacity of 260 ml that ensures that you do not have to run away every now and then to refill it.
Its nozzles are quite spacious to outlet adequate steam with pressure to reduce your time and efforts while removing stubborn creases. The power cord is quite long and facilitates easier movements from one angle to another while performing the task.
- It's a powerful 1200 garment steamer that gears up instantly within 15 seconds to provide steam
- The water tank capacity of 260 ml is sufficing for a number of clothes at a time
- The non-binding long cord allows hassle-free movements to take the steamer to every corner of the clothes without any problem
- The package is inclusive of an additional measuring cup, removable wool brush for cleaning and a faceplate built up with stainless steel metal
- Anti-drip feature for better output
- The brand is lesser-known and thus finding its service centers everywhere can be difficult
Why will you like this?
The wide nozzles ascertain that the maximum amount of heat and steam reach and cover most of the area on your garments. The instant heating of the steamer is another boon in saving your time before actually starting the job. It is a portable garment steamer that comes with perfect design features to adjust the temperature and steam as per the need of the fabric.
6. Russell Hobbs RGS1500-PRO Garment Steamer Multicolor
One of the most potent garment steamers, Russell Hobbs gets a heads up from the buyer’s community for giving a perfectly wearable look to their clothes. If you are short on time and look forward to a technology that can make your clothes crisp and wrinkle-free in the hanger itself quickly- Russell Hobbs garment steamer is a pro at this task! With a large water tank of 250 ml capacity and power consumption of 1500Watt, you can rest assured about the performance and efficiency of this garment steamer.
The brush head which is detachable can be used ahead of steaming to remove the undesired lint off the clothes.
- Powerful energy used for operation: 1500 W
- Water tank capacity is large- 250 ml
- The nonbinding swivel cord operates on a turn of 360 degree
- There is a removable brush head to clean the lint and any other dust off the clothes before using a steamer
- Instant heating (within 45 seconds) of steamer saves quality time
- The auto-shutoff feature adds to safety parameters especially when the water tank gets emptied
- The pole is adjustable to suit the requirements
- A bit heavier with 1.75 kg- can be difficult to hold in the same position for a longer duration
Why will you like this?
There are several reasons to like the portable garment steamer that will take less than a minute to start operation. You will feel good about its high-quality material (plastic) which is used to manufacture it keeping details of safety and convenience in mind. The best thing is that you do not have to be wary of the water tank getting emptied as the automatic timer will shut off the supply in this situation. A really long cord length needs to be mentioned- 6.5ft- cannot be better!
7. Russell Hobbs RH-H.G 1500-Watt Garment Steamer
Another amazing product under the same brand, Russell Hobbs RH-H.G. Garment Steamer is a handheld device for those who are want something more convenient and handy. Its performance on the vertical angle is wonderful and takes very less time in giving you brusque finishing to your clothes. Its water tank has quite a large capacity with 250 ml.
There is a detachable brush that will help you to remove the lint off the clothes easily. The operational power of 1500 Watt increases its efficiency.
- Large tank capacity of 250 ml
- Functions on the power of 1500 ml
- It consists of non –binding swivel cord with 360 degrees turnability
- Takes very less time in heating up to get ready for use
- The detachable brush head is easy to clean and removes the lines effectively
- It is a portable device which is made up of high-quality plastic material
- The weight of the device- 1.75Kgs is a bit heavy to be held for long-duration continuously
Why will you like this?
You would love rotating its swivel cord to complete a 360-degree turn while using it. This handheld garment steamer is easy to use and effective in removing the wrinkles, creases and unnecessary lint off the clothes' surface. The clothes start looking like just new after every use.
8. Havells Creazo 1800-Watt Garment Steam Iron
Havells is a premier home and electrical appliance company that brought this Creazo Garment Steamer with superb 1800 Watt power efficiency. If you have been fretting over ironing difficulties in life, this is the gadget that will remove the wrinkles of your clothes and forehead! The 6-speed controls are meant to modify their steam and heat outlets as per the type of fabric.
There are features that will convince you of its superior quality. The detachable water tank is much easier to clean and fill for use. The telescopic model allows you to adjust the height of the pole so that you can handle the garment properly with both the hands.
- Works on a very strong power of 1800 Watt with great competence
- Emits 30gm/min of powerful steam -The telescopic pole is adjustable and stationed to allow you to handle the garment precisely
- It is a portable device with rotary wheels for easier movements
- The package consists of rotating hanger which allows the steam to reach all corners
- The water tank is removable for better cleaning and refilling properties with a large capacity- 1.8L
- There are 6-speed control settings to alter the heat and steam as per the type of fabric
- It comes under 2 years of warranty
- Some customers complaint of leakage of water at some intervals
Why will you like this?
You will enjoy the ease of handling the clothes on the hanger with this telescopic model. The large water tank capacity and removable water tank make it even better to clean and fill the tank. One time filling will suffice a large number of clothes. Nevertheless, the steam output is very strong too!
Buying guide: How to choose the best garment steamers In India 2020
There are various factors that will help you in deciding the best garment steamer when on a lookout:
1. Type of model: handheld or floor: If you are mostly traveling or moving, it is always better to buy a handheld model as it can be easily carried along with your stuff and used anywhere anytime quickly. If you want to use a satisfying model for home usage, then you can think of buying an adjustable pole based floor model that comes along with a hanger to hold the clothes.
2. In how much time does it get heated up?You need to check the time as given in the description- the time which the appliance takes to heat up and start producing steam in full flow. It should be able to heat up the water very fastly so that steam output gets increased and better with every second.
3. The capacity of the water tank:Try to buy a garment steamer with an ideal capacity of 200ml and above. These are for the small-sized steamers that are used in households on a daily basis. It will save your efforts to keep on refilling the water tank after every 3-4 garments. More the capacity, better it is!
4. Attachments and accessories: There are certain attachments and accessories that are naturally expected to be friends of the garment steamer. If the product you like consists of these attachments and accessories in its package, just go for it- lint remover brush, fabric brush, hanger, measuring cup, etc.
5. Weight:People generally buy garment steamers on the basis of their requirements. usually in normal households, we do not need large-sized appliances as they are cumbersome. Prefer a lightweight, compact model so that it is easier to carry them while you perform the operation.
6. Dials and steam settings:Look for these functions of steam in your steamer such as type of steam whether it is continuous or not! Then do not miss to look for the settings of temperature and steam flow. You will appreciate these maneuvers while steaming exclusive fabrics for example- silk might not need as much steam and heat as much cotton or khadi does!
7. Power consumption:An effective power will ensure effective performance. So, if your garment steamer utilizes the power of 800 to 1600 Watts, you must give it a thumbs up! Look for other features and descriptions along with this one.
8. Automatic shut off feature:If your appliance dries out of the water, this feature enables its shut down saving your electricity and allowing you to be alarmed of the emptying of the water tank. This is a very helpful feature in ensuring that your garment steamer works for a long duration with the same performance agility.
1.What is the difference between a garment steamer and steam iron?
A. traditional iron is meant to remove the wrinkles just like garment steamer. The basic difference lies in their ways of operating. With steam Iron, you tend to press the surface of garments with your iron base. Therefore you need to be careful that the base or the plate does not get stuck to the clothes. The garment steamer emits steam with high pressure to remove creases of the clothes while they are in a hanger.
2.Which is the best garment steamer in India?
A. Russell Hobbs RGS1500-PRO Garment Steamer Multicolor
3.How to tell when to clean the steamer?
A. You will have to check the steam output from time to time. also, check if all the steam vents are letting the same amount of steam out. If not so, it is time to clean the steamer.
4.How to use the brush head for cleaning the lint?
A. Some of the steamers have detachable brush heads while others do not. Just try to carefully hold the brush head in your hands and remove the link manually using the brush head.
5.Can garment steamers be considered to be an alternative to the dry cleaners?
A. In some cases, yes! However, it cleans clothes only on the surface. You will need dry cleaning for proper cleaning.
6.Can garment steamers help in removing the odor from the garments?
A. Yes. The water-soluble chemical helps in getting rid of the body odors as well.
Steam and dry iron have been prevailing as the only option to make the clothes free from wrinkles and creases until the garment steamers got introduced into the market. They came with a set of advantages that were missing in traditional ironing techniques. While the buyer thinks of buying a garment steamer, it is important that he or she knows the prime difference in the operational and functional usage of the steam iron and the garment steamer. You should study the details of the products given above and make a decision to suit your needs and budget in the best possible way.